Friday, August 1, 2014

Food and Toiletries Spending.....JULY Update

 Onward to July's food spending report.......



Here are my FOOD BUDGET spending totals for JULY 2014.

I have posted July's totals on the Total Grocery Savings for 2014 Page located HERE and have updated the Yearly Totals there.
I am listing subtotals for each store I purchased from in July.  If you aren't interested in that much detail, just skip to the bottom for the Totals Summary.

My spending includes Food, Toiletries/HBA, Pet Supplies, Cleaning Products, Paper Goods & tax where applicable. We are a family of 4(3 at home this month)& 1 dog. No kids under 18.

******************

BIG LOTS
OOP  $50.57
Value  $80.74
Savings  37.36%

MAINE SOURCE(restaurant supply store)
OOP  $150.29
Value  $207.80
Savings 27.67%

PEPPERIDGE FARM OUTLET
OOP  $1.32
Value  $4.98
Savings  73.50%

RITE-AID
OOP  $15.73
Qs/Ads/+UPs  $87.42
Value  $103.15
Savings   84.75%
 
SHURSAVE STORES(small local independent affiliated stores)
OOP  $71.34
Qs/Ads  $39.40
Value  $110.74
Savings  35.58%

SURPLUS OUTLET(discount food store)
OOP  $27.91
Value  $51.12
Savings  45.40%

WEGMAN'S
OOP  $40.93
Value  $53.55
Savings  33.56%

WEIS MARKETS
OOP  $44.06
Qs/Ads  $22.75
Value  $66.81
Savings  34.05%
 

*********************
My best 3 Store Savings Totals were Rite-Aid at 84.75%,  the Pepperidge Farm Outlet at 73.50% and Surplus Outlet at 45.40%.  My WORST savings rate was at Maine Source 27.67%(which IS surprising!).
I shopped at 7 different stores this past month.


TOTAL Out of Pocket........$402.15
TOTAL Coupons & Store Sales Savings...$276.74
TOTAL Value of Items Purchased............$678.89
TOTAL Savings of...................................40.76%

This closes out the July food/toiletries spending.

THOUGHTS & COMMENTS for this month.....

I came close to a $400 food month, going over by $2.15.
But looking back at last month's post I see I had hoped for a $350 spending month.
Oh well.....we can try again next month, right?  ;-)

The yearly savings percentage went down .75% in July compared to June's average.    Savings is still in the 40's which is good.

LOOKING AHEAD TO AUGUST......

I am going to try for a $300 food budget in August.
This is the month the teen who is still at home goes away to college mid month, so our food costs "should" drop in August.
Crossing my fingers this happens. ;-)
 
If you have other ideas or guidelines you follow please leave a comment and share yours with us all.

Total spend on food/toiletries so far this year after 7 months.....$2,901.99.
The average monthly food/toiletries spending to-date for the year so far is $414.57.
Maybe August will be the month I get it down under a $400 per month average again.

 
*  How much did you spend on food/toiletries in July?
*  Do you track your yearly food spending?
*  If so, how are you doing thus far in the year?
 
Sluggy

3 comments:

  1. Nice saving rates! I need to keep better track of what I am spending on food, but so far, I am in the black... I spent way too much on food in July, but don't have the totals. I can guarantee that it was over $100!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were over quite a bit - $632 total spent, with a budget of $400. Still restocking some meat after the great freezer disaster. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha Ha! We didn't spent very much on groceries in July as most of our eating was of the take out variety. I guess that means we were underbudget for groceries. Yeah me!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.