Thursday, August 21, 2014

More of Shopping This Week


Another round of Rite-Aid shopping on Wednesday, armed with my $14.50 in +Up Rewards I headed in.....


4 x Windex on sale $3 wyb2=$12.00
1 x Alba lip balm 20% off wellness discount=$2.95
SubTotal.....$14.95

Coupons Used
1 x $3/4 Windex or other SC Johnson cleaners IPQ(coupons dotcom)=$3.00

$14.95-$3.00=$11.95

I paid with $11.50 of my +Up Rewards and paid .45¢ out of pocket.
A 98% savings rate.


I got back $7 in +Ups and a $3 OYNO Catalina.


The +Ups were--$3 for buying the Alba product and 2 x $2 for buying the 4 Windex.  The $3 Catalina was also for buying the Windex.

Add in the $3 in +Ups I didn't spend and I now have $10 in +Ups and $3 in Catalinas to spend/roll.


Then this morning I had to go downtown so I hit a different Rite-Aid with my $13 in +Ups/Cats......


1 x Nexxus 'Poo w/20% discount=$4.79
2 x Eucerin BOGO50%(.99 reg. price)=$1.48
Subtotal.....$6.27

Coupons Used
1 x $3/1 Nexxus IPQ(coupons dotcom)=$3.00
1 x $3/1 Nexxus Video Values IPQ=$3.00
Coupon Total....$6.00

$6.27-$6.00=.27¢ + .02¢ tax=.29¢ OOP

No +Ups used and I received back $5 in +Up Rewards($3 Nexxus, $2 wyb2 Eucerin).
I then had $18 in +Ups/Cats to spend/roll.


If you still have the $3/2 Herbal Essence from the P&G insert and you need shampoo, this week after the coupon you will pay $1 per bottle, as the HE is on sale for 2/$5.
Just a heads up for cheap 'poo.....and I stopped at my regular Rite-Aid on the way home and bought some on the BIL's card.......


2 x Herbal Essence 'Poo on sale=$5.00
2 x Alba lip balm at $3.69=$7.38 *This card has no Wellness discount*
SubTotal.....$12.38

I used a $3/2 Herbal Essences ManQ--$12.38-$3=$9.38.
I used $9 in +Ups/Cats to pay and spent .48¢ OOP (.38¢ + .10¢tax).
I received back $6 in +Up Rewards(2 x $3 Alba).

I'm loving that one of the bottles had a trial size bottle of their new body wash for free.

If I don't do anymore Rite-Aid shopping this week(I could roll $3 +Ups for another free Alba lip balm) I am ending the week with $15 in +Up Rewards(I started the week with $10 +Ups).
Nice. 8-)

So far this week I've spent $12.64 OOP and brought home.......

4 bottles of painkillers
1 pack of razors
8 small bottles of lotion
6 toothbrushes
1 pack of gum
2 tubes of topical pain reliever
3 lip balms
4 bottles of cleaners
3 bottles of shampoo

That's $126.22 worth of goodies.
And I have $15 in +Ups to spend/roll going forward.

Then yesterday, on my grocery shopping day,  I scored bigtime at Weis(PMITA)Markets.
I spent more than I planned to but if you have the cash and the deals present themselves, you just have to jump on them, right?
Just agree with me people.  ;-)

I went into the store to get cheap applesauce($.87 each), cheap mayo(the Kraft instant savings deal using $10 in Qs), cheap eggs($1.50 dzn.), cheap taco shells($.25 after Q), and cheap Cheerios(sale w/Qs=.99¢ a box), Napkins for $1 a package(sale and Q) and .49¢ Mitchum deodorant(after sale and $2/1 Q).  Once I got into the store I saw they had salmon fillets for $6.99 lb. and I was a goner. lolz

 
         Some of my Weis haul

I also bought a 12 lb. pork tenderloin at $1.98 lb. and I swear anne marie was whispering in my ear and making my hands reach for that hunk o' meat!

And then Linda was sitting on my devil-side shoulder and made me buy this.........



at least it was on sale.  8-)

After the fresh produce and some markdown croissants I left that store $73.45 poorer.
But will you lookie at my savings rate for this load of groceries........



53% savings!
I saved more than I spent.
How often does that happen outside of Rite-Aid?
Never!!!

The $5 Instant Discount Kraft Deal was great.
There are 3 different .50/1 Qs on coupons dotcom for Mayo/Miracle Whip.  I printed each one twice plus used a Weis flyer $1/2 Mayo/MW to get $7 off on just the mayos.  We are set for Mayo for awhile.

I got all this for $9.50........

6 x Mayo/Miracle Whip
2 x Salad Dressings
1 x Cream Cheese
It comes out to $1.05 per item!

And I'll be giving my Daughter the Miracle Whip(yuck! not a fan).  ;-)

Then I hit up the local independent grocer for their ConAgra Deal--spend $15, get $5 back instantly.
I got 3 Gulden's mustards, 5 Hunt's diced tomatoes, 2 Hunt's pasta sauce, 1 Hunt's ketchup and 3 jars of PP peanut butter.
$15.94-$5 Discount=$10.94
Add in 6 blocks of cheese at $1.99, a bag of taters for $2.99 and 2 clearance Del Monte diced tomatoes with green chiles and I dropped another $27.25.
I only achieved a 47.50% savings rate at this store.
Boo-hoo poor me......hehehehe


                       6 blocks of cheese not pictured

I am now officially grocery shopped out for the week and I have about $50 left for the rest of August from my $400 allotted for groceries.  Next month I am cutting back on the food budget since #2 Son is now gone.
Cutting back scares me.  I am use to cooking/shopping for 3 or 4, not 2.  I also need to cut down my recipes to cook less, unless it's something we "want" leftovers of.  Hubs likes leftovers and I like not having to cook every single day so we make a good team. lol

Sluggy




 

1 comment:

  1. You are so lucky he likes leftovers! Cooking the same amount of meat would mean you could freeze some of it. Less cooking=happy me.





    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.