Sunday, December 7, 2014

Saturday Around Town

Here's what got accomplished on Saturday--

* Charity Donation.....check!

Some of what went to Salvation Army today........














*  Shopping Done.....check!

Then we went to Big Lots so I could show Hubs the calendar I wanted but they didn't have it in a desktop model.
sigh.

But I thought these were cool......


This is an antidote to that  "Life is Good" crap you see everywhere......lol  But a bit too negative even for me!


And I found your calendar Sonya Ann ...........



Hubs found a Christmas gift for me there and I found some underwear and food items like canned clams for $1.20, even cheaper than the local market on sale at $1.50 a can.  Yes!

Then off to Kohl's and I spent my $15 in Kohl's Cash on 2 Christmas presents and am OOP $8 & change.

* Tasty Lunch......check!

Then off to lunch at Breakers Brewery........



*  Clothing Procurement......check!

Next was Kmart to get some free toiletries with doubled coupons plus Q-Tips I'd have to actually spend money on.  But the cashier said 2 of my coupons(of which I used 2 others earlier in the week with NO PROBLEM)wouldn't scan into their system.
So the toiletries were left behind as NO, I am NOT paying $15 cash for this stuff thankyouverymuch! ;-)

Then I bought 3 sweaters(I was down to 1 sweater in my closet it won't last the Season).  These sweaters were all on sale for 40% off and I had a $5 off a $35 or more purchase coupon and after using my $40 gift card for transferring 1 prescription to KMart a couple of months back, I paid .57¢ OOP.
Sweet.

*  Toiletries Run.....check!

Then it was off to Rite-Aid for this stuff........



4 x Hall's cough drops BOGO sale=$4.38
2 x Rolaids BOGO sale=$5.79
4 x Gerber baby foods sale but Wellness disc. was better($1.51 ea.)=$6.04
SubTotal......$16.21

Coupons Used
2 xx $1/2 Hall's Cough Drops ManuQ=$2.00
1 x Rolaids BOGO ManuQ(up to $5.50)=$5.50*
Coupon Total......$7.50

$16.21-$7.50=$8.71
I used $8 in +Ups and put the .71¢ on a free R-A gift card paying $0 OOP.

I earned $6 in +Ups(2 x $3 Gerber wyb2).
Spent down my +Ups by $2 but we are all set for cough drops this Winter.

* I couldn't remember if you can use a BOGOQ with a BOGO sale item at Rite-Aid and the cashier didn't remember either so she just tried to scan it on and it worked!  Woohoo!  2 free Rolaids bottles for free.  Well not really since the limit on the BOGOQ was $5.50 and the items were $5.79 so I paid .29¢ for 2 bottles.  Maybe that's why the BOGOQ on a BOGO sale item worked, since it wasn't technically free?


*  Food Shopping......check!

Then it was off to the local market to pick up .69¢ Powerades and home.
While in the market I spotted this novelty Holiday item.......


I might just have to break down and buy someone this stuff.  The price point is $3.99 so it isn't prohibitive to my budget.  ;-)

Another busy day today of getting the errands down--more Rite-Aid and Food Shopping.
TTYL,

Sluggy

 

2 comments:

  1. That is incredibly generous of you Sluggy! Sweaters for $0.57?? Just not possible around here :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great day = your donation was awesome by the way. Lots of happy kids with all those cars.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.