Monday, December 15, 2014

This Week on the Dining Table

The "Christmas is Right Around the Corner & I am Feeling Silly" Edition......

 
 
 

 
 
Onward to the meal planning!

What was planned last week--

1.  Turkey Day Leftovers
2.  Fish, Leftover Coleslaw, Collards
3.  Chicken Parm, Salad, Spaghetti(for Hubs)
4.  Meatloaf, leftover Man & Cheese, leftover Collards
5.  Quiche, Tossed Salad
6.  Pork Chops, Sugar Snap Peas, Sweet Potato leftovers
7.  Leftovers or Fend for Yourself Night
 
And this is what actually happened--

1.  Turkey Day Leftovers
2.  Fish, Leftover Coleslaw, Collards
3.  Chicken Parm, Salad, Spaghetti(for Hubs)
4.  Meatloaf, leftover Man & Cheese, leftover Collards
5.  Quiche, Tossed Salad
6.  Broccoli stuffed Chicken Breast, Sugar Snap Peas
7.  Leftovers or Fend for Yourself Night

The Pork chops didn't happen(still thawing in the fridge on Saturday)so that moves to this week.
 
Last week I made 6 trips to 5 different markets and spent a whopping $138.64 on $229.23 worth of groceries.  I cherry picked the good deals at each store.
I bought canned green chiles(because fresh is not an option here)on sale and got $3 in free chicken or beef, so I paid .84¢ for this chicken.....
 
 
I also earned this $10 Catalina Q at Weis.....
I'll use this plus $5 on a Weis gift card(from a Cat Deal a few months ago that didn't work right so they gave me a gift card)to buy our Christmas dinner meat.  Well I'll probably get a Rib Roast so it won't cover that but it will help pay a portion of it.
 
I also did 10 transactions at Rite-Aid, where I spent $4.95 total on $404.47 worth of items there for the week.

Going into this week, in leftovers we have........1 or 2 pieces of quiche, meatloaf, collards, 2 pieces of chicken parm and some sugar snap peas.

I took the last of the turkey from Thanksgiving plus stock I made and constructed a Turkey Noodle Soup on Sunday.......


This is what is leftover of that soup.  I still have a large container of stock which I put into the freezer for later.

With College Boy home I need to cook more food for the next 5 weeks.  I never know when he'll dine with us so we may be eating many many leftovers in the coming weeks. lolz

Here is the plan for this week.........

1.  Pork Chops, Braised Cabbage, Mashed Potatoes(for Hubs and son)
2.  Tacos
3.  Meatball Subs, Veggie TBD
4.  Leftovers or Hamburgers
5.  Chinese Chicken(using my .84¢ chicken) w/Ginger Stir-Fry
6.  Leftovers
7.  Leftovers or Fend for Yourself Night
 
 
What I need to buy for this menu.........nothing, not even sub rolls after College Boy came home from visiting his old work(the bakery)and brought all this home.....


Rolls and more rolls! lolz
Plus a loaf of raisin bread.

I think I'll have to fit in more sandwiches for dinner somewhere now.  8-)

I am up to $232.22 in food spending for December halfway through the month.  This week should be a light spending week with just a few loss leaders to buy.....peanut butter, tomatoes, cereal and frozen veggies.
 
What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten that week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week?
 

Sluggy

3 comments:

  1. You are a silly girl!!!
    I'm in the same boat as you, I'm not sure when or what DJ will be eating. I'm cooking and spending more. Oh well, its the season to do more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously? Your college kid comes home and brings you FOOD! What a kid!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.