Sunday, April 3, 2016

Been Sick & Blah

I've been feeling not so great this week.  Might have had a stomach bug around Friday.  Having vertigo and sinus issues, feeling lethargic....you name it, I've felt it. lolz
But I'm feeling better today but still weak and tired.
I've been working on my end of March posts between running to the bathroom(TMI I know).
Now I am going to sit down and figure out the meal plan for the coming week...which won't be too difficult if I just move all the meals I didn't make last week to this coming week's schedule. lolz

Since I didn't get out to the grocery stores at all last week I don't have much grocery spending so far in April.  Hubs picked up a handful of items for us over the course of the week.

I did send Hubs out on Wednesday night as he wanted to go to the liquor store right next door to Weis(PMITA)Markets.  I sent him into Weis to do a deal I didn't get around to doing last week.
If you bought 2 x "ICBINB" margarine, which was on sale for $2.50 a container, you got $1 off an 18 ct. of large eggs(which are $3.55 reg. retail).  I sent him off to buy these three items along with 2 x .55¢/1 ICBINB Qs(which double up to $1 at Weis).
$9.13 reg. retail-.58¢ on sale items=$8.55-$1 on the eggs=$7.55-$2 in coupons=$5.55.  There was also a $1.50/2 ICBINB Rebate on SavingStar(which I have already gotten credit for in my account)so in the end these 3 items cost me $4.05 OOP.
That's about my only frugal shopping accomplishment for this week. ;-)

It snowed here last night and we awoke to an inch or so on the ground.
Happy April!!! ha
And it's windy as hell and the cold is coming right in through the walls and more of the same is expected tomorrow.  End of the week it should warm up to the 50's-60's(at least during the day).
I hope it's not this dreadful out by Wednesday as I must go out to a consult with a surgeon and the walk from the parking lot will be brutal in these temperatures.

The project manager from Lowe's finally came to the house this past week to check on the bathroom job and put in a work order for the 3 small issues remaining.  We are lucky we got our reno job on the contractor's schedule back in February when we did because project manager nows says that the contractor is backed up into JULY with work!  People poured into the store late Feb. through March signing contracts for work and there is now a 3 month backlog! Geez.

We need work done in the other upstairs bathroom but we can wait and this backlog gives us time to save up the money for that job now instead of yanking funds from the emergency fund for it.  It's looking like we won't get that job done until early next year or December of this year at this point.

Just not much being accomplished around here lately.  No Rite-Aid trips either.
Oh well.
Not much else to report in on so I'll sign off.

What's going on with y'all?

Sluggy




7 comments:

  1. I've been campaigning for Hillary, sewing (got a new machine) and getting rid of more stuff. My daughter and GD will be later this month yay! I want everything done before the visit. We're planning a trip to Universal to see the Harry Potter 'stuff' again and I just finished watching the movies over. Busy gal here and loving it. Oh read 7 more books in March and 1 1/2 already this month. P.S. Hope you're better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get better soon! My lub you. Fell better so you can go to RA and then can entertain me. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you are feeling much better now. This has been an exceptionally high pollen count spring and it is killing me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry you're not feeling well. I have vertigo pretty much all the time and it's no fun. It's the last day of my spring break. It rained a large portion of the week, so I didn't get to paint the bed as planned. Now it's nice out and I've lost all motivation to get it done. Trying to make the time go slowly. Back to work tomorrow. There are no breaks between now and the end of the school year. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Massive amounts of backyard work, in preparation of visitors from the midwest who will want to use the pool despite no Arizonian willing to do so for two more months.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sluggy, this is Chris. So sorry to hear that you have been sick. Hope you are feeling better this evening.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not good Sluggy-I hope you truly are on the mend. I have done what I can on the house this weekend- a lot of cleaning, a lot of purging, and may have actually made a tiny dent. Every muscle is sore, so I'm about to take a hot bath, pour a glass of wine. and watch something on Netflix while a few more loads of laundry get done.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.